Things to Do During Your Visit
Here is a list of our family’s favorite things to do at the lake
- Get up early to watch the sun light-up the shore across the lake and reflect off the mirror-like water – breathtaking!
- Enjoy lunch and views of the bluff from one of the many terraces at the Switzerland Inn!
- Make yummy s’mores over an open campfire in the firepit near the beach.
- Enjoy a peaceful kayak ride early in the morning before the lake gets busy.
- Explore the many fine vineyards surrounding Keuka Lake, and take in the stunning views of the countryside and lake!
- Walk down the road to the “Olney Place” and have a delicious breakfast or lunch sandwich on the front porch. Make sure you get a hand-scooped ice cream cone to enjoy on your journey back.
- Visit the quaint town of Hammondsport at the south end of the lake by boat or car. Stroll around town and check out the unique stores and galleries, dine at the Village Tavern.
Have a wonderful dinner at Lakeside Inn on the west side of the lake.
- Have a bottle of wine in the middle of the lake at sunset!
- Rent a bike and ride along the Outlet Trail from Penn Yan to Dresden by Seneca Lake. Enjoy a picnic lunch overlooking the lake and/or waterfalls along the way.
- Stroll, jog, bike and/or rollerblade along our quiet, tree-lined lane. Admire the beauty and variety of architecture in the homes along the lake.
- And don’t forget to visit the Windmill Market on Route 14A. It’s a great place to people-watch and buy all sorts of things that you don’t really need, but can’t live without! There’s plenty of food – if you are in a really decadent mood, have a “Spiral” potato which is loaded with calories, carbs and grease, but definitely worth the indulgence.